Waikato Badminton updates regarding Coronavirus / COVID-19 (21 March 2020)
Waikato Badminton Association (WBA) is responding to updated advice from the Ministry of Health and developments in the local community. Due to the evolving situation around Coronavirus / COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to suspend WBA sanctioned events and programs effective immediately until Monday 27 April 2020.
The Eastlink Badminton Stadium currently remains open for individual Pay2Play Users, Playing Groups, and Clubs with additional conditions of use. All those in attendance must sign into the Visitor Logbook at the entrance and/or into their relevant Club register. Groups, clubs and individuals can elect to participate or not to participate in any activity at their personal discretion/risk. Please note that WBA Staff will be working remotely, and the Eastlink Badminton Stadium will be closed as soon as the New Zealand COVID-19 Alert moves to Level 3 (Restrict).
A summary of WBA events and programs affected include:
- Escapist WBA Summer League (Tuesday 31 March 7.00pm-9.30pm)
- Shuttle Time Non-Rep Tournament 1 (Sunday 5 April 9.00am-3.00pm)
- Junior Shuttle Time Club (Fridays 4.00pm-5.30pm)
- Development Squad Training (Mondays & Thursdays 4.00pm-5.30pm)
- Junior Rep Squad Training (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 4.00pm-5.30pm/6.00pm)
- Elite & Performance Squad Training (Mondays to Thursdays 4.00pm-5.30pm/6.00pm)
- Senior Rep Squad Training (Tuesdays 5.30pm-7.00pm & Thursdays 5.30pm-7.30pm)
- Open Training (Sundays 5.00pm-7.00pm)
- Masters Rep Practices (Sundays 7.00pm-9.00pm)
WBA will continually review future events/programs to ensure they continue to align with the advice from the Ministry of Health and local authorities. WBA will also consult and communicate decisions with relevant groups of Members/Players regarding any rescheduled event/program dates, refund processes or cancellations when they become available.
To check for the latest Ministry of Health COVID-19 updates, refer to https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus.
We thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. We will stay in touch and be in contact with further updates as new information comes to hand. It is important that you all look after your physical and mental wellbeing at this time. If you have any concerns about your health or others, please ensure you immediately inform WBA Staff, seek advice from a suitably qualified medical professional or contact Healthline at 0800 358 5453.