The Waikato Badminton (WBA) Business Challenge will be held on Tuesday 20 October and we are inviting entries from any registered New Zealand company / organisation. The focus for this event is to provide casual networking opportunities, team building and recreational play in a social setting. No experience required! This tournament will consist of round-robin and non-graded match play, food, beverage and prizes for all participants, including most creative and unique team names!
Depending on the number of entries, there will be a series of 3-4 rounds played. The tournament is limited to a maximum of 20 teams, accepted on a first come first served basis, and close Friday 2 October.
Waikato Badminton also welcomes donations from any participating businesses – Please contact us if you are interested in providing some prizes for this or future events.
- Venue: Eastlink Badminton Stadium, 30 Old Farm Road, Hamilton East 3216
- Event Date: Tuesday 20 October 2020
- Start Time: 6.30pm
- Finish Time: 9.30pm
- There will be four players in each team, ranked individually by order of merit (1,2,3,4).
- Maximum of one advanced (A/B grade or Rep level) player per team.
- Minimum of 1 female player per team.
- A round-robin format and other regular badminton rules will apply.
- Each team will form doubles pairs to participate in a 6-match format.
- Order of Play: 1&4, 2&3, 1&3, 2&4, 3&4, 1&2.
- Matches will be played over 5 minutes. Pairs with the most points at the end of 5 minutes wins the match. If points are equal at the end of 5 minutes, a golden game point will be played. In the event of 3 matches all, game difference, and/or the point difference will be taken into account to determine the winner of the tie. Two points will be awarded for each tie won.
- Badminton rackets are available for hire for free during the event.
- Each team should collect a result sheet and shuttles from the Tournament Organiser on the day.
- Each participant should wear comfortable playing attire and footwear with non-marking (or non-dark) soles.
- Participants are to keep score of their own matches and record these on the result sheet provided by WBA at the end of each match.
- A draw, schedule and results will be published on the WBA website (waikatobadminton.co.nz). WBA reserves the right to alter the regulations and guidelines dependent upon registrations. In the event of any disputes, the decision of the Tournament Organiser will be final.
- A prizegiving will be held at the completion of all rounds.
We look forward to your company registering a team and confirming your place in this tournament. To reserve your spot in this event please:
- Enter online at http://bit.ly/WBAbusinesschallenge
- Pay the Entry Fee of $69 inc GST by 2 October to Waikato Badminton Bank Account: 03-1555-0090702-00 (“Team Name” as Particulars + “Challenge” as Reference)