About the Role
Waikato Badminton Association Incorporated (WBA) is seeking to appoint a Community Development Officer. This is a Contract for Service role (remunerated by an agreed number of hours per week plus mileage), with fixed and flexible hours including weekends. This role is primarily based at the Eastlink Badminton Stadium in Hamilton however travel will be required for work across the Waikato region. The Community Development Officer will work closely with WBA staff to deliver community and school related programs and events (eg. Shuttle Time, Air Badminton). The role offers flexibility, but is most busy and demanding during the March-September period, with work required on several evenings and weekends throughout the badminton season.
About the Organisation
WBA is a not-for-profit organisation that develops, promotes and governs the sport of badminton within the Waikato region. It makes badminton accessible as a health and recreation activity to people of all ages and abilities. WBA also has a proud history of delivering programs and activities from grassroots through to high performance. It’s an exciting time to join WBA, as the region is experiencing unprecedented growth in badminton.
About the Person
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Previous experience in working with children, delivering programs at schools, with some event delivery skills. Candidates with school teaching backgrounds and/or sport coaching experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Eligible to work in New Zealand (applications from overseas who do not hold a current permit to work in New Zealand will not be considered for this position).
- A current full driver’s licence and access to their own vehicle.
- Passion to work in sport development and with children.
- Ability to plan and deliver safe, fun, inclusive and challenging badminton sessions to young people.
- Ability to work with participants of different abilities and experiences (especially children), whilst understanding their needs and how to meet their needs.
- Committed to continuous learning and making positive contributions to a team.
- High standards of organisational skills (includes administration, planning, communication and reporting).
Desirable (but not essential)
- Knowledge and background in badminton and its value to participants.
- A badminton coaching qualification.
- A current First Aid certificate.
To Apply: Email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or by phoning 021 575 209 for more information.
To find out more about the Waikato Badminton Coaching Pathway, read https://waikatobadminton.co.nz/coaching/coaching-pathway/