With much disruption and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 causing the postponement of the Atalanta Jamboree in 2020, Waikato Badminton Association (WBA) held an alternative version of the Jamboree in partnership with Cambridge Badminton Club. We are again offering female players from New Zealand based clubs the opportunity to get together for this unique event at the Eastlink Badminton Stadium (30 Old Farm Road, Hamilton East 3216).
We coined this the Harmonia Badminton Jamboree. Harmonia (/hɑːrˈmoʊniə/; Ancient Greek: Ἁρμονία) is the immortal goddess of harmony and concord. Teams of 5-6 play in a day-time, social-competitive round robin format from Tuesday – Thursday (28-30 September 2021).
Players that do not have sufficient numbers for a team can enter as individuals and WBA shall assist placing them in any incomplete teams from other Clubs.
Team entries and player nominations are being taken online this year at: https://bnz.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=f35e5db6-e1e8-4bce-b779-1b758ad7208a
- Eligibility: Players entering must be a member of, and in good standing, with a Club/Association affiliated to Badminton NZ or the Badminton World Federation.
- Draws: Graded sections may be provided however should there be an insufficient number of entries all teams will be placed into the same draw.
- Scoring: In order to ensure ties are completed on time and that player experience is maximised, the organisers may decide on best of 3 games to 15 points (rally points system, no setting). The health, safety and wellbeing of all players will also be top of mind as teams will get many matches under their belt over 3 days.
- Shuttles: Feather shuttles will be provided.
- Ties: Teams can be defaulted if no players have arrived 30 minutes after the scheduled start of the tie unless the delay is due to circumstances beyond the control of the whole team. WBA recommends that players are ready to play the first match within 10-15 minutes of the scheduled start of the tie (first 15 minutes being the time provided for team introductions and warm-ups). A player who defaults a match shall have all their following matches defaulted in that tie.
- Match format:
- 1 & 4
- 2 & 3
- 4 & 5
- 1 & 2
- 3 & 5
- 4 & 2
- 1 & 3
- Tournament Organiser / Committee reserves the right to alter / cancel the event due to COVID-19 related restrictions, insufficient entries, or if time does not permit a full competition to be played.
Key Dates, Entry Fee, Enquiries:
- NZ$200.00 per team
- Online Entries Close: 31 July 2021
- Online Player Nominations Close: 21 September 2021
- Fees Due: 31 August 2021 (Pay to Westpac Account Number 03-1555-0090702-000 reference “Team Name” & “Jamboree”)
- Enquiries: Call 021 575 209 / Email email@example.com
Tuesday 28 September Welcome to Waikato NZ$30.00 per person
(Food Platters and Drinks at Eastlink Badminton Stadium)
Thursday 30 September Dinner & Dance Party NZ$90.00 per person
(Buffet Meal and Bubbles on arrival at Bill Gallagher Events Room, Wintec Hamilton)
Accommodation Partners (mention Waikato Badminton):
Rally your team and head to THE COOK to receive 25% OFF all full priced FOOD and BEVERAGES. Bookings essential (mention Waikato Badminton when booking). Address: 7 Cook Street, Hamilton East; Phone: 07 8566088