Want to become a Coach?
From time to time, Waikato Badminton Association (WBA) seeks Badminton Coaches and/or Community Coaches to deliver badminton activities and programs in clubs, schools, and squads throughout the Waikato region. WBA Approved Coaches:
- Attend coaching courses or undertake ongoing professional development or relevant education approved by Waikato Badminton.
- Deliver (and/or assist with) Waikato Badminton Association programs and Waikato Badminton Association squad/team coaching duties.
- Pass all relevant Working With Children checks (eg. Police Vet).
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate.
Professional Development / Coaching Courses available in Waikato:
- Course Audience: This Badminton World Federation qualification is suitable for Club Coaches / Community Coaches / School Teachers / Parent Volunteers (no previous badminton knowledge required).
- Course Objectives: Be able to plan and deliver fun, safe and enjoyable badminton sessions at school and/or junior club level.
- Course Content: 22 Lesson Plans and various resources available online and in a number of languages.
- Course Time: Attend an 8-hour course (can be completed as a one-day course or hourly modules over multiple sessions).
- Course Audience: This Badminton World Federation qualification is suitable for Badminton Players / Club Coaches / PE Teachers / Squad Coaches (basic badminton experience recommended).
- Course Objectives: Be able to demonstrate basic coaching competencies through effective planning, delivery, review and evaluation of linked coaching sessions.
- Course Content: Basic coaching principles (What to coach – technical, tactical, physical, psychological and lifestyle elements); How to coach; Planning and delivery of progressive coaching sessions).
- Course Time: Attend a 4 (2 x 2) day course plus tasked and guided coaching practice and planning.
See all WBA Approved Coaches here.
If you are interested in delivering badminton activities and sessions in schools, local communities, clubs and/or our training squads, register your interest to coach and/or to attend a coaching course – email email@example.com with:
- Your contact details (only New Zealand residents need apply).
- Any relevant knowledge, teaching/coaching experiences and/or sporting background.
- Why you wish to coach badminton in the Waikato.